Euan is George's eldest son. He is 9. He loves drawing. This is his NFT project.
50 animal NFTs
(with more to come)
10 NFTs per animal
#001 animal holders get to name
and receive a 2LegSteg NFT airdrop
& plant trees
IRL animal trail
NFT education in Euan's neighbourhood
NFT Airdrops for
Holders & neighbourhood participants
% of funds raised to be spent on
collecting NFTs (after research)
Future IRL trails
created with collected NFTs
During the UK lockdown in 2021 Euan got very frustrated and upset with the worksheets sent home from his school. As his parents, we challenged him to come up with something he liked doing and we would do our best to make it an educational activity. He chose drawing.
We talked through several ideas and eventually arrived at the idea of a small T-shirt enterprise. Euan would make drawings and put them onto T-shirts and sell them with help from us.
We integrated drawing, learning how to use a scanner, using software to colour in the scans and create transparent .png files, carried out research into T-shirt vendors exploring their commercial, ethical and environmental credentials before choosing one, explored social media channels to work out effective ways of promoting the project to get sales, did some maths with the prices and learned about cost and profit.
To date Euan has sold 88 garments with his animal designs on and he pledges to plant a tree in the equatorial rainforest belt for each garment sold. The project has created a profit of £138.
We live in an area of the city of Gloucester, UK called Kingsholm. It's famous in the rugby world for being the home of Gloucester's premier league rugby union club. As a settlement it's very old dating back to pre-Roman times. Sadly it ranks fairly high in most UK social and economic deprivation statistics. The % in brackets below indicates that the area is in the top 9.3% for Crime.
In July 2021 myself and a neighbour decided to do something about the private alleyway at the back of our house that runs between the two rows of houses.
For many years it has been used as a place for unscrupulous landlords, builders and others to fly-tip unwanted old mattresses, furniture, tyres, building rubble and other detritus.
Unfortunately it had also been used by drug addicts who had irresponsibly littered the alley with used paraphernalia.
We organised for a skip to be delivered and spent a day clearing the alleyway and the morning after building a fence from reclaimed timber to prevent access to undesirable activity in future.
Euan's Fox Mural
Euan and I painted a Fox mural on the fence panel. Euan's mum created a social media post for on a neighbourhood group suggesting that people "stroke" the fox and send us photos we can use to promote his t-shirt enterprise. There was a suggestion from a neighbour that we create more murals around the area to brighten up the neighbourhood and this is something we have been thinking about for a while.
Euan's Animal Trail project will appeal to the NFT community to collect Euan's animals. There are 50 animals currently and Euan intends to draw more. Collectors will receive a T-shirt for each NFT they collect too. The proceeds from sales of NFTs will effectively sponsor the project action plan to brighten up our neighbourhood with an IRL (in real life) trail of animal images on empty fences, walls, garages and wherever else in the area permission is legally granted. A neighbourhood map identifying all the animals will be created so that families in the area will be able to enjoy walking the trail to see all of the animals whilst finding out more about NFTs via a dedicated website which will walk newcomers to the space through the process of setting up a wallet and receiving free NFTs and sticker packs from the project.
A % of the funds raised from the sales of Euan's Animal NFTs will be used to buy a selection of carefully researched NFTs. Gradually this NFT collection will be recreated as an IRL trail around the neighbourhood too.
Terms & Conditions
1. There will be 50 initial animal NFTs (with more to come as Euan draws them)
2. 10 of each animal will be released into the wild as NFTs via Opensea at a fixed price. A limited quantity of 100 (2 of each of the initial 50 animals) will be reserved for giveaways to 90 Kingsholm residents who complete the Beginners' NFT workshop and the first 2LegSteg NFT buyers.
3. The first buyers will receive an animal T-shirt of their NFT. Unfortunately secondary buyers aren't eligible for T-shirt claims. The onus is on the buyer to contact me to claim their T-shirt. DM to @2legsteg on Twitter is the preferred method.
4. Giveaways and free airdrops aren't eligible for corresponding T-shirt claims.
5. Owners of #001 animals will also be able to name and claim a free 2LegSteg NFT (& T-shirt). The onus is again on the buyer to contact me.
6. Kingsholm residents who complete the Beginners' NFT workshop will receive NFT giveaways
7. Royalties from secondary sales will be collected and put into a fund for future community projects in the neighbourhood
8. A % of the total ETH raised once sales of all 10 #s of the 50 animal NFTs are complete will be used to choose NFTs to buy or mint to create a 2nd IRL trail in the neighbourhood
9. The first 10 2LegSteg NFT sales will receive a Euan's Animal Trail NFT airdrop after the first 10 Euan's Animal Trail NFT sales are completed.
List Euan's Animal NFTs on Opensea
Promote via twitter & discord
Identify locations and obtain permission to decorate with animal images
Set up website & design a trail map
Promote the trail locally
Beginners' NFTs workshop for Euan's neighbourhood
Airdrops and giveaways
Fund buys NFTs and sets up future IRL trails